System neuroscience; Balanced networks in the spinal cord; Multifunctionalism in neuronal networks; Network dynamics; The head-direction system; Motor behaviors.
Berkeley course in mining and modeling of neuroscience data 2015. Redwood Center for Theoretical Neuroscience, UC Berkeley, California USA. July 6-17 2015. crcns.org/course
Advanced Course in Computational Neuroscience: ACCN 2014. Frankfurt, Germany August 3-30 2014. 4 weeks course in computational methods and theoretical neuroscience. uni-frankfurt.de/de/accn/
- Peter C. Petersen, Rune W. Berg. “Lognormal firing rate distribution reveals prominent fluctuation-driven regime in spinal motor networks”, Forum of European Neuroscience, Copenhagen, Denmark 2-6 July, 2016.
- Peter C. Petersen, Rune W. Berg. “Lognormal distribution of firing rates observed in spinal networks during rhythmic motor patterns”, Forum of European Neuroscience, Milan, Italy 5-9 July, 2014.
- Peter C. Petersen, Mikkel Vestergaard, Kristian H. R. Jensen, Rune W. Berg. “Premotor Spinal Network with Balanced Excitation and Inhibition during Motor Patterns Has High Resilience to Structural Division”, Spring Brain Conference: Controlling Neurons, Circuits and Behaviour. Rungstedgaard, Denmark, 20-23 April 2014.
- Adrien Peyrache, Marie Lacroix, Peter C. Petersen, György Buzsaki “Organization of the neuronal assemblies in the anterior thalamus coding for head direction”, Society for Neuroscience (SfN 2013: 326.14/G37). San Diego, USA, 9-13 November 2013.
- Peter C. Petersen, Jørn Hounsgaard, Rune W. Berg. ”Concurrent inhibition/ excitation in turtle motoneurons: Reexamination of findings and experimental circumstances”. Society for Neuroscience (SfN 2012: 577.19/LL15), New Orleans, USA, 13-17 October 2012.
- Peter C. Petersen, Rune W. Berg. ”Balanced excitation and inhibition during motor activity in the spinal cord”. Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium 2011: Lisbon, Portugal, 18-21 September, 2011.
- Peter C. Petersen, Mikkel Vestergaard, Rune W. Berg, Jakob K. Dreyer. ”Neuronal Population coding in Vertebrate CPG: A Multi-unit study during functional motor activity”. AREADNE 2010: Research in Encoding And Decoding of Neural Ensembles, Santorini, Greece 17-20 June, 2010.
- The Brain Prize meeting 2013. Enlightening Neuroconnectivity. “Balanced excitation and inhibition underlies rhythmic motor activity in the spinal cord”. Hindsgavl Castle, Middelfart, Denmark. October 21-23, 2013.
- Sandbjerg Symposium 2012. Danish Society for Neuroscience. ”Balanced excitation and inhibition during functional motor activity in the spinal cord”. Sønderborg, Denmark. May 6-8, 2012.
2015: Ph.D. from University of Copenhagen
- Rune Berg’s laboratory at the Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology
“Neuronal Population dynamics and Multifunctionalism in the Central Nervous System”. Techniques: electrophysiology, multiunit recordings, spike sorting.
- György Buzsáki’s laboratory at New York University (6 months, 2012-2013)
Study: The Head-direction system in thalamus during different brain states. In collaboration with Dr. Adrien Peyrache. Techniques: in vivo electrophysiology, optogenetics, high-density single-unit recordings, spike sorting.
2010: Master of Science in Engineering Physics: Technical University of Denmark
- Focus on Biophysics and Neuroscience
Selected Courses: Computational Neuroscience, Neurophysics, Cellular Biophysics, Introduction to Cognitive Psychology, Introduction to Systems Biology.
- Thesis in Neuroscience
“Neuronal Population Coding during Functional Motor Activity – A Multiunit Study in the Spinal Cord”. Supervisors: Jakob Kisbye Dreyer & Kirstine Berg Sørensen.
- Study abroad at University of Maryland in Washington D.C. (6 months, 2007)
Courses: Neurobiology Laboratory, Introduction to Neuroscience, Introduction to Cognitive Science.